Sunday, August 18, 2013

Patchy or Bald???

 

Well, Mr. Blue Eyes has had tons of hair falling out. This morning before his shower, there was a great debate going on in the bathroom. After rubbing his head and having hair flying everywhere into the sink, I suggested we shave it ALL off. Mr. Blue Eyes asked his balding father, "Would you rather be patchy or bald?"  Dad pipes in, "Patchy.  I would keep my hair as long as I could."  MR.BLUE EYES LOOKED AT HIS BALD DAD CONTEMPLATING...then I, being a wise MOM (lol! not really, but I am a hair dresser and patchy is not a good look) say,
 "Just embrace the baldness!"

Mr.Blue Eyes says, "I think I'll go with what Dad says; he's got more experience with this sort of thing!"
Then he jumps in the shower and rubs his head like a wild man; he dances and even has some fun. He jumps out and looks in the mirror. Laughter engulfs the bathroom. He squeals and tells his brother that if he stays in the shower and keeps rubbing, all his hair will be out in one hour. (Of course, Blake, with a different set of priorities, replies, "That would be too big of a water bill."  He's definitely his mother's son.)
I love that Mr. Blue Eyes is so full of life! Today, in this moment, this is fun..... Life can be sweet even when you are going bald (just ask his dad!)
 
 
Posted by Picasa
"I am a partly pelato ('bald' in Italian) person!"
So today if you choose to comment, please vote
Patchy  OR Bald!

22 comments:

  1. Corban!! You are so cute! I think you are going to be the most handsome bald boy on the planet. I love your picture. Makes me smile a big smile..
    Can't wait to rub your head! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bald will make a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going with patchy!!! Todd has pulled it off for a long time and so can Corban. And it looks like Uncle Mike is headed that way too :-) Pass along our love to Corban and all the kids!
    And thank you for this beautiful blog to keep us close even though we are thousands of miles away.
    Love the Siebert Clan in AK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote "Bald". Love you guys! Was great to talk to you today! xoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote or bald. I think bald guys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote BALD -- and I say it's time that Todd join him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote bald - but that's because I have several bald friends and I don't want them to think I don't love their baldness!! (But you are dang cute either way!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way he's a handsome boy! He can rock both looks---patchy now and bald when it shortly all falls out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that he is going with Dad's expertise! :D However even with patchy he is just showing that there are only a few perfect heads, the rest of them are covered with hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely bald!! I agree with Hyers~
    Roxanna
    p.s. I don't know how to do this very well, so I am anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote bald - and I agree with Wendy - this is such a nice way to check in and feel updated. Oh we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell him bald is beautiful :) AND that at least HIS will come back!! ;) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Cute boy and his dad! Let him choose...he has so little say in all this, I say let him be the boss of his hair!! :) His sweet face and eyes stay the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture of the tops of their heads is awesome.

    I vote bald! But I would just get it over with myself.

    We love you guys so much. Thinking and praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know how to bring a smile to every situation. I love that about you! Corban is adorable either way! Todd on the other hand... Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. At one point in my son Stephen's leukemia treatment, he took duct tape to his head and gave himself a reverse mohawk! I vote for Corban's look. ~Laura R's mother, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote to stay patchy! It'll make your dad feel like he's not alone, on top of his head anyway:). You look very handsome with or without hair! Love ya lots! Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn, I am too late to vote. oh well. Corban you are so handsome! Sydnie said, "yep, he could be caillou on that show" hehe :-0

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post, Ang! You are such a beautiful writer. Thanks for letting us in on your life. We love you all so much!! Go Corban!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, that was hysterical. I love that he went with dad because he had more experience. So cute.

    ReplyDelete